TITLE: HP Ultraslim Docking Station DisplayPort (DP) Hub Firmware Update
VERSION: 2.33.000 REV: A PASS: 1
HP Ultraslim Docking Station DisplayPort Hub Firmware Update provides the EEPROM
firmware required to enable the DisplayPort hub on the HP Ultraslim Docking
Station. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a
supported operating system.
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP79015.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: 22a2d8bda714f7b13e02e288a25649f9
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 01, 2017
SSM SUPPORTED: No
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G3 Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 745 G3 Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 755 G3 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 32
Microsoft Windows 10 64
Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit
Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Starter 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Edition
Win 10 Enterprise 64 LTSB 1507
Win 10 Enterprise 64 LTSB 1607
- Provides improved display connectivity with NVIDIA GPU equipped notebooks.
- Provides improved compatibility with BenQ 32" monitor over DisplayPort (DP)
- Sets the color depth on the docking station DP monitor to 8 bpc if the
original depth is not defined in the monitor Extended Display Identification
- Changes the VGA port maximum pixel clock limitation from 193 MHz to 205 MHz.
Additional resolutions are supported.
- Fixes a display flicker symptom that occurs when the DP monitor connected to
the docking station is set to low power mode.
- The AMD or Intel graphics driver must be installed before running the firmware
- The system must docked with the external DP monitor powered when the firmware
update is run.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and
saving the file to a folder on your local drive (make a note of the folder where
the downloaded file is saved). The default location is C:\SWSETUP\SP79015.
2. Dock the notebook unit to the HP 2013 Ultraslim Docking Station.
3. Connect a monitor to the docking station DP port using the native DisplayPort
or a DP-to-VGA adapter on the dock DP port. Then make sure the monitor is
enabled (powered on) from the Windows Display Manager.
4. After the DP monitor is enabled and powered on, double click the file,
DP_FW_Updater.exe, to run the executable. Then search for the firmware file,
which is Ver2_33_000.eeprom for this release. Double click the file to start the
WARNING: Do not disconnect the notebook from the dock or remove the DP monitor
during this process. Performing either of these actions may cause the DP ports
to become unusable. If this happens, the DP ports can be recovered by following
the same update process.
5. Verify that the update was successfully completed by observing the status of
the tool. The status should display the message, Action complete. Downloading to
6. After the update is complete, undock and re-dock the notebook to enable the
new DisplayPort controller firmware version.
Copyright (c) 2017 HP Development Company, L.P.