TITLE: HP Notebook System BIOS Update
VERSION: 01.45 REV: A PASS: 1
This package creates files that contain an image of the System BIOS (ROM) for
the supported notebook models in the L84 ROM family. This package is used to
flash the System ROM on a supported notebook.
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP85122.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: 84ca3c192b61c00e83f65a5937916a32
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 30, 2018
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP ElitePad 1000 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 All Editions (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit Chinese Market
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit Emerging Markets
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit Multi-Language
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit Small Screen Touch Edition
- Removes the Multi Core CPU option from the F10 BIOS setup menu.
- Removes the Multi Core CPU option from the BIOS Configuration Utility (BCU).
- Provides the updated Intel CPU microcode.
- Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends
transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all
NOTE: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed, previous
versions cannot be reinstalled.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button.
2. Save the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where
the downloaded file is saved).
3. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
4. On the BIOS installation screen, select Update the system BIOS on this
device, and then click Next.
5. Confirm the BIOS update version, then click Next.
6. Click Finish. The unit restarts to update the BIOS.
7. During the BIOS update:
- Do not disconnect the power cord of the tablet from the AC outlet.
- Do not shut down or suspend the tablet.
- Do not insert, remove, connect, or disconnect any device, cable, or cord.
8. The system restarts automatically after the BIOS update is complete.
Copyright (c) 2018 HP Development Company, L.P.